I spent yesterday getting caught up on the net stuff I'm responsible for. Boy was that a long day. Today I've updated my blogs (5 counting this one) and am set to start working on the WIP. Updating my Country Angel blog helped get me in the spirit. The nominations for the 10th Annual Texas Music Awards are posted so I had to research some of the nominees. Great talent in Texas. Feel privileged to be a part of that community.
Now I get to spend the rest of the evening writing about cowboys, Texas music, dance halls and good ole' boys. Man being a writer is AWESOME!
How's your day going? Writing? What's your current project?
You know that saying... 'the best laid plans...' well, mine got waylaid right off the bat. With everything in place to start my week off on the right foot, I started new years eve off with a head cold. I've spent the last 2 days medicated and sleeping in hopes of knocking it out fast. Today is better. I might actually stay up all day. I need to step right into those GOALS I want to talk about.
With the new day planner all set, I know what needs to be done on specific days... items aside from the DAILY writing on my current WIP.
My Writing GOALS:
1. Write every day on the current WIP
2. Push the Freelance writing - focusing on Texas music and paper arts
3. Work actively on at least 1 non-fiction book.
4. Keep the blogs updated and Twitter more.
My Personal GOALS:
1. Make time for my art. It's not frivolous if it's important to me.
2. Spend more time outside enjoying my 25 acres
3. Spend time on the Wii Fit every day (as soon as I'm over this cold)
4. Make and Keep Artist Dates
5. Read all the books on my read/pass on bookcase so I can get my keepers out of storage!