Thursday, June 23, 2011

Busy Week

Good morning, everyone!

It's been a busy couple of weeks around here. As most of you know by now, when my husband comes home after being gone for three weeks, my world centers around him - at least for the first of the 3 he's home.

This time he brought a friend with him. Kassie has been a part of our lives since the day she was born.... she's now 14. But every couple of years she wants to come spend time with us. Having a teenager around the house wasn't really an issue. But I don't get to spend much time with her. When she comes down, I try to show her places she might not otherwise get to experience and she enjoys that.

The third week she was here, we also had the grandtoddler. Man, is that little girl growing. She'll be 4 in November. This time she was all about 'grandpa'.

So as you can tell, writing wasn't really part of my agenda. When you have the babies home, you just want to enjoy them.

By Tuesday, the house was all mine again and I had news in my email. I will be writing for our local newspaper on a weekly basis as a reporter for our small town - one of many small towns included in the paper's readership.

So I have lots of writing in my future. I won't be forgetting about the novels but short story competitions loom and now the weekly byline. As a result I need to reassess my GOALS. So give me a couple days and we'll get back to speed.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new gig with the newspaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy life and it will all come together!

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed very much your presentation today at the SWG meeting. Thank you so much.

    P.S. I hope you don't abandon your blog :-)

    Doris
    www.doris-socialworker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete