Monday, October 28, 2013

THE WEEK AHEAD - Nano Looms!

Happy Monday, Everyone!

There's a nip in the air, the leaves are changing colors, the birds are feasting heavily at my feeders. Those are all sure signs of.....

NANOWRIMO!

You thought I was going to say fall, didn't you? Until ten years ago, I would have. But then I got bit by the Nano bug and my autumn's have never been the same.

Have no clue what I'm talking about? The greatest writing challenge EVER!
National Novel Writing Month  aka NanoWriMo challenges you to write 50,000 words of a NEW novel in 30 days. To sit down and write that book you've always said you wanted to write but never made time to do. November IS THE TIME!

Yeah, November is crazy with holiday preparations, mid-terms looming... blah blah blah But when else are you going to find so many like minds in one place to cheer you on - or commiserate with? Okay, there are other times (I'll be telling you about those as they become available) but nothing like NANO!

I've made some amazing friends through NanoWriMo and my novella under contract with Boroughs Publishing Grp, Somewhere Down the Line, was written during the 2012 challenge.

This week I'll take time to put together my SMASH book for my Nano2013 Project, Heart on the Line. I do better with more than an idea to play with. I need to know who my characters are, what they want and what's going to get in their way. That's all I started with last year and I wrote the rough in 18 days! I have no notion of doing that this year, but I do plan to get the rough written.

So come on! Join the FUN!

2 comments:

  1. I plan to participate sort of. I have two unfinished novels. My goal is to finish one and be 3/4 finished on the other. Then comes the critique process...

    ReplyDelete