Friday, April 4, 2014

MY HEAD IS A FISH BOWL- Too Many Fish


If only my brain held only one idea. One thing to focus on. Instead, my head feels more like this:

As a writer, I am always plagued with an abundance of what to write about.  I find stories in multiple sub-genres of romance. My favorite is paranormal or time-travel. There's something about putting a contemporary girl in close proximity with a ethereal hero that creates a sizzle like no other. While I love these stories, I also write sweet contemporary with other premises in a variety of settings. 

While settings are important, I feel for any artist to establish themselves, they need to find their niche. That one spot in the pocket of coral where they can snuggle in, do their thing and watch the rest of the world go by. This applies to any art form. Just as there are sub-genres of romance, you will find them in tangible art and the music industry. And it is only when an artist finds their niche, do they begin to blossom - to come into their own. 

With my background in the music industry, I'm discovering that is where I am most comfortable when writing a story. My passion for the trials and tribulations of what someone in that field goes through on a daily basis to live their dream is something I get. They say 'write what you know'. 

In the mean time, Somewhere Down the Line still does not have a release date and that troubles me. So add that water nyph to my fishbowl brain and my head truly hurts with what to do about the situation. I think I'm closer to an answer. Check back next week to see if more fish have been added or if I'm beginning to see my way through the junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment