Monday, July 21, 2014

CURRENT PROJECT - Week of July 21


While I'm not crazy about the burgandy tulle around the base, these were the colors of my wedding. Perfect floral choice for a fall wedding, don't you think?

I'm starting to think about wedding cakes. After all, there will be multiple of them in this new series. Wedding cakes can be simple and elegant to the funny (remember the armadillo cake from Steel Magnolias?) to topsy turvy and everything in between. Traditional to the extreme lends a broad canvas to these sugary creations.

When Bob and I were married 30 years ago (next month) I chose a simple tiered cake incorporating the autumn colors. (See my post August 25, 2014 for pictures of our cake) I didn't realize until several years later when I stepped out of the broom closet how important those colors were to me at the time. And now here I go setting a book in Coastal New England. Hmmm I'm seeing a pattern here.

Tell me about your dream wedding cake. A version may just wind up in the bakery story.
Creative Blessings on your week!

1 comment:

  1. Since I'm already married, I hope to never have another wedding cake again. As to the one of our wedding, I can't remember much of it. All I know is I ate it. :)

    ReplyDelete