Monday, May 14, 2018

MONDAY MUSINGS - Edits & Revisions


I've been working really hard to keep content here. Some days just getting on the computer is a struggle. But I'm trying. With all the negative publicity about websites and social media in regards to personal information, I really dread coming to this screen some days... to do anything.

That out of the way, I am actually getting around more. This Thursday I will be on Susan Palmquists blog - this writerslife  My topic is on Time Management... not in managing time per-say but finding YOUR optimal time for writing. Armed with that information, I hope you'll be able to better manage your time.  I've been working on following my own advice. I'd failed to remember that my 'hot spot' runs sometime after 4 p.m. until bedtime. Yet, after writing blog posts and what not all day long, I find I just want off this laptop completely by 4 or 5 p.m. This has resulted in my own novel writing - or in this case, revisions - suffering.

With Bob out on the boat for the next three-four weeks I hope to get my routine back... and keep it in place once he's home.

I have a couple more nights before I can dive back into revisions for A Christmas To Remember. I'm currently doing line edits for a writing friend. I'm hoping she'll return the favor when I need fresh eyes on Christmas once I've slogged through the revisions.

My guest this week is author Reet Singh.  I have read her book No Escape From Love and posted a review for Wednesday. I invite you to stop by tomorrow and say hello as she has a giveaway opportunity for everyone who visits.  On Thursday, Reet will wind up her visit with our Writing Tip Thursday.

I hope you'll stop in the studio. We'd love to see you!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Angela, I need to read your next post - and desperately need to learn how to manage my time better! Looking forward to being here tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Reet. Life always gets in the way and someetimes 'priorities' aren't even the problem nor part of the solution. But finding what works for each of us... because everyone's life is different.

      Delete