Tuesday, June 19, 2018

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT - Angela Drake - The Chosen Path


For the past few weeks, I've been talking about jumping on the indi-publishing train. I'm anxious about this new path as well as excited for the journey.

I told you yesterday I was making adjustments to my writing space so that I could be more productive. A specific space is mandatory for me to switch my mental gears from the day job writing, to the words I need to put on paper in able to become a published author.

Aside from putting my office space in order, I'm setting goals towards getting A CHRISTMAS TO REMEMBER into the hands of my readers - hopefully in time for the holiday season. Because the story takes place in Eureka Springs AR, I 'd love to have the book ready for sale by the time I attend the Ozark Creative Writers Conference in October.  Since this is my first indi and there's a learning curve to doing all that needs done, I'm not sure I can make the timeline. But until I actually put a the project on paper, I won't know for sure if I can make that goal. I'll let you know on Friday how I'm progressing.

In the meantime, tomorrow I'm sharing information about a great one-day workshop in Springfield Missouri. I've interviewed one of the coordinators, Tierney James. She'll be sharing what went in to planning the workshop and what they hope the attendees will take away from the educational day.

No comments:

Post a Comment