Monday, January 28, 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I love the holidays. I really need that time to just chill. Let my brain filter through the clutter and be prepared to start a new year fresh.

I've been working in the background on several things. Sadly, very little on Book 2 of the Planned to Perfection series. While I know I have a self-imposed deadline for writing/ edits/ betas/ polish/ publishing I just can't seem to drag myself to the computer when Bob is home. He is my real life HERO and he ALWAYS comes first in my life. Not by his choice, but by mine.

Beginning today, I'm pulling out the yet untitled Book 2, set a new word count plan into action and get back to the book. I still need to research meetings with a couple of people.

I don't think I've told any of you yet, but Book 2 is centered around a young couple brought back together (there's that 2nd chance thing) through the events surrounding bringing home the remains of a Korean War Vet. I got the idea two years ago as I stood by the side of the road in solemn respect of a procession carrying Crpl. Donald Matney home to Seymour MO. Something about this young man spoke to me. While I've never believed in visiting someone at a cemetery, I find myself stopping by his resting place almost every time I travel through on my way to Springfield.


They say 'write what you know'. Many of my stories are influenced by my own personal experiences. I'm struggling with Book 2 because I really don't have anything to pull from. The other challenge I have is making sure I get all of the military information correct. I do not want to dishonor our service men and women by misrepresenting something. 

Now that Bob is back on the boat, I can dig deep into the research without being pulled away to fix dinner or go somewhere. Bob is planning to stay on the boat as long as they will let him so I know I have at least three solid weeks (okay probably only two since he will have been gone a week tomorrow). As much as I love having him home, I'm hoping he'll be gone 4-5 weeks this time out. I'll get caught up, maybe even a little ahead of the game and on a schedule again so I can be productive in short bursts when he is home.

 I'm off to research. 
Creative Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment