Monday, July 27, 2020

CURRENT PROJECT - #amwriting

Writing is pretty much all I can accomplish these days, though even long periods at the keyboard are a struggle at the moment.


This was supposed to be last week's post but I've been down with my back for over a week. Before that I managed to drop a battery operated chain saw on my right foot plus torqued my back taking out the trash. That was the beginning of this more than a week-long aggravation.

While the swelling has subsided in my foot and most of the lovely purple tones are gone, the back is still being a pain - literally.  So bear with me, please as being at the desk isn't the most comfortable right now.
At the moment, I'm working to get back into my story. I'm making notes as things come to me and I've been taking the free webinars on Scrivener. Every time I watch one of Joseph's webinars I learn something different - like watching a movie over and over and noticing something you may have missed the first five times you saw the same movie. 


This week, as time allows, I want to move all of my research links into the Scrivener file.
If you don't know, the program allows you to save links under research and open them up RIGHT IN THE PROGRAM... not as a separate browser window.  The feature will also help me to better organize the links as opposed to the way I have them now - all in one multi-page word doc.

Moving the links is going to be quite a task but something I can work on little by little between naps, thanks to the pain meds I'm on until this nerve finally decides to lighten up and let me get back to my regular routine.

If you don't have Scrivener, I recommend at least taking Joseph's webinars to get a feel for the program to see if it's something you'd like. L&L often offers the program up at a discount for those who finish NanoWrimo as well as a 30-day Free Trial, so you're able to play with it during Nano before making a committed purchase.

If you'd like to join Joseph's email list so you'll know when new webinars are coming up, shoot him an email - joseph@scrivenercoach.com

More to get done today if I'm to spend TWO DEDICATED HOURS each evening to working on my book. I'm anxious to see this one in print, as well as three & four, which I already have outlined.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:
Have you used Scrivener? Please share your feedback about the program.

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment