Monday, June 23, 2014

SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE is LIVE!


NOTE: Although this post ran previously, I am reposting for my RSS feed on my Amazon Author Account:

Everything happened so quick, I did not even have the opportunity to do a cover release here. I am thrilled to have my first novella out AND to be working with Chris Keesler. I've admired him as an editor for many years and one of the reasons I entered the 'Whats In A Name' competition with Boroughs Publishing last spring.

Imagine my surprise when I opened my email on Thursday morning to find my novella was LIVE! Keep in mind, I had just turned the final edits into Chris on Monday morning. My real life hero and I already had plans to be away for the weekend so I had no opportunity to do any promo what so ever. So here I am beaming from ear to ear as I share my baby with you.

Allow me to introduce you to Trey and Alana:

It all began twenty-five years ago on the road: a charming crooner with a boyish grin fronting an up-and-coming Country/Western band, an entertainment journalist with everything to prove, and a love that could never be. A love that was wrong.

Things have changed. Trey Morison and Alana Cozins are finally free to act on their desires, but is it really possible after all this time? From the Abilene Fairgrounds to a storm-swept beach on Galveston Island, from a reunion of friends to a fast-and-furious realization of their passion, Trey and Alana will test the boundaries of what they think they know—and what they know they want. They’ll find a renewed career, a deeper understanding of themselves, the past and each other. And it all begins with a hit song that’s a heartfelt prayer that unwavering love might finally be rewarded…

Excerpt:
     “And the award for Songwriter of the Year goes to…”
Alana took a drink of her wine, watching the teen pop star mutilate the envelope and remove the certificate.
     “Trey Morison. For ‘Somewhere Down the Line.’”
     Alana choked and sputtered, sending a spray of the merlot across her notepad and down the front of her tank top. Tears clouded her vision as she attempted to scan the crowd along with the camera—in search of a man she’d thought she would never see again. 
     “Trey couldn’t be here tonight, so we accept this award with thanks on his behalf,” said the co-presenting action star, raising aloft a glass trophy and dashing Alana’s hopes. Hearing his name opened up a sealed part of her. She would like to have seen him again. Had he changed much?
     The next music spot began, and Alana tossed her notepad aside and went into the bathroom to strip out of her wet clothes. Her uneven gasps for air had nothing to do with the rawness in her throat. Trey Morison had always made her heart skip a beat. Hearing his name was like resurrecting a ghost. More than twenty years had gone by since she’d last seen him, or felt his arms around her. 
Her fingers shook as she turned on the taps and set the drain plug. The water felt good as she splashed it across her face. 
     Supporting herself on the edge of the vanity, she leaned close to the mirror. Motherhood and what she’d once thought was a good marriage hadn’t left any telltale marks. Granted, she didn’t look nineteen, but she definitely looked younger than the forty-five she was fast approaching. Since Don’s announcement he was in love with his office assistant, followed by him packing his bags, she had run the gamut of emotions from shock to confusion about what she’d done wrong. Only when she calmed down enough to put things in perspective did she realize it wasn’t her fault. Her husband had hit a mid-life crisis point. 

     She’d thought they were at the very least content, though. He had a good insurance business, having worked his way up from ground floor sales to senior agent over the course of their marriage. Their sons, Chris and Devon, were off on their own. Now the house was empty, and so was Alana. Except for rebuilding her career.
resurrecting a ghost. More than twenty years had gone by since she’d last seen him, or felt his arms around her. 
     She had always wanted a career as an entertainment journalist specializing in the music industry. Now, it seemed, she had another chance. Texas was a melting pot of music, ranging from the traditional Americana style to alternative rock, some contemporary pop and everything in between. Anyone could find a constant rotation of great music in a myriad of places from fine establishments like The Wine Bar to traditional venues such as Luckenbach. Many musicians opened up their homes to concerts for more intimate evenings; and if that all wasn’t enough, some artists were creating personal venues on their properties. 

     Getting back into the business had been surprisingly easy. After Don’s departure she’d converted Chris’s bedroom into an office and spent most of her daytime hours there. Evenings she frequented one of the many musical venues in Austin and surrounding communities. The first thing she’d done was check out the Texas music websites to see who the regulars were with particular venues, as well as who had been nominated for various awards or recognized for contributions to the industry. She’d started a blog, showcasing artists from all different genres, reviewing new releases and doing interviews. But she’d never imagined her foray back into the business would bring Trey into her sights.

Some of you may recall, I wrote the rough of this book in 18 days for NanoWrimo2012. Serendipity kicked in when Boroughs offered up the contest perfectly matched to the story's theme AND title. I love the characters and the premise is centered what I do pretty much 'round the clock' for my day job. Texas music (as well as classic/ traditional country) is my passion. I hope this comes through in my story.

You'll find Somewhere Down the Line available:
AMAZON
BOROUGHS
ALL ROMANCE

Reviews always appreciated ;-)
Happy Reading!




13 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm excited for you. Love the cover, title and first line. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Beth. I'm in love with this story. I hope my readers will feel the same.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! The cover and title is very catchy. Who wouldn't want to read a story like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, T! I think this became one of those 'books of my heart'.

      Delete
  3. WooHoo! So happy for you Angela!! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had to nudge, Miss Barbara. But my book is finally here! Thank you for the well wishes.

      Delete
  4. Love the cover and the story sounds awesome! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pam. You were one of the folks pushing me through word counts. Love ya!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Angela!! Awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! It's so great that you were able to combine your passions in this story. I'm sure the readers will be able to tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon
      This book helped me find what I hope will be my niche in the publishing world. The journey is just beginning ;-) Hugs!

      Delete
  7. Hi, Angela! Congrats again on your new book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Somewhere Down The Line. I love the concept of second chances and that your hero and heroine are a touch farther down the road of life. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete