Wednesday, January 13, 2016

AMERICAN MAIL-ORDER BRIDE - Katie - Bride of Virginia


This week we continue our journey with the American Mail-Order Bride stories with a stop in Virginia where we meet Katie, courtesy of Sylvia McDaniel. You can refer to the FREE Prequel HERE

Here's how Katie's story came to be:
Last summer at the 2014 RWA (Romance Writers of America) Conference, one of my goals was to meet Kirsten Osbourne. As a writer I was impressed with how quickly she had risen as a star in the western historical genre of romance. I met her there and asked her to be in a box set with me, Merry Farmer, Callie Hutton and Caroline Clemmons. That was how our box set, Wild Western Women was created. This year at the 2015 RWA  conference, Kirsten came up with the idea for the American Brides series and sent me a Facebook message asking me if I would like to participate. It sounded like such a wonderful idea and I immediately said yes.

The reason I chose Virginia was because I love the scenery and knew that it was one of the original colonies. Those thirteen colonies are where our great country was created and I thought it would be fun to write about a state that I had visited. 

Blurb:
A disastrous factory fire ends Katie Mavericks livelihood and she must find something quick. Convinced to become a mail-order bride, she receives an offer of marriage from Daniel OMalley.

Only Daniel isnt the one who put the ad in the Grooms’ Gazette. His business partner, secretly placed the ad in Daniel's name. When Katie arrives, a surprised Daniel agrees to marry her with the idea she could help make his life easier and still the gossip surrounding the death of his wife.

Hes unprepared for the way the bubbly girl from Massachusetts eases his loneliness. Not only is she helpful, she’s breaking through the walls he’s erected around his heart. Troubled by the suspicious vandalizing suddenly occurring in the vineyard, Daniel wonders if things might not be as good as they seem. Is it only coincidental that the damage to his winery coincides with Katie’s arrival?

Could this sweet, innocent woman and his dead wife share a common goal to destroy him?

Excerpt:
Daniel gazed at his friend wondering about his message. "You said it was urgent."

It is," Frank said. "I may have overstepped the boundaries of our friendship."

Daniel frowned. Frank had helped him when the vineyard needed money. They were close friends. 
”What did you do?"

"I ordered you a mail-order bride."

For a moment, Daniel sat stunned. "What?"

The memory of his last wife was still too painful to think about and Frank had found him a mail-order bride. Was he crazy?

"A wife. You're alone and after what happened to Eloise, I feared you would never even look at a woman again. So I ordered you a bride."

His fists clenched. "You're right. You did overstep the boundaries. What makes you think I would even consider marrying again?"

For a moment, Frank didn't say anything. "A woman is arriving on the noon train today from Lawrence, Massachusetts. She thinks you ordered her."

"Then I suggest you marry her or you send her back, because I'm not getting married."

BIO: 
Sylvia McDaniel is a best-selling, award-winning author of western historical romance and contemporary romance novels.  Known for her sweet, funny, family-oriented romances,  Sylvia is the author of The Burnett Brides, Lipstick and Lead Series, Scandalous Suffragette Brides, The Cuvier Widows, and several short contemporary romances.


You can catch up with Sylvia McDaniel by following any of the following links:
Sign up for Sylvia’s Newsletter
Visit Sylvia’s Website
Follow Sylvia on twitter
Join Sylvia on Facebook

You can write to Sylvia at P.O. Box 2542, Coppell, TX 75019 or visit her web site. 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having me today Angela. This book was so much fun to write and I just hope readers enjoy it as much as I did.

    ReplyDelete