Monday, January 18, 2016

GOALS FOR 2016 - HOW TO EAT AN ELEPHANT


At our Sleuth's Ink Christmas party back in December, I sat next to a like-minded member of our group, V.J. Schultz. VJ had several copies of her new adult coloring book available and a sole copy of How to Eat an Elephant 2016 (available on Amazon). 

I love journals and I have been setting goals for years. I'm also a very visual person so having hard copies of things is mandatory for me.

The next day, I sat down with the journal and thought about what I want from 2016. Did you know the best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time? I think deep inside we all know that smaller bites are easier to digest yet we still have a habit of biting off more than we can chew. 

In How to Eat an Elephant, VJ suggests focusing on no more than three goals. Well, I took slightly bigger bites and focused on THREE AREAS I want to work on this year.

My Elephants are:
1 - Author 
2 - Creative
3 - Health

Here's what My Elephant Goals for 2016 page looks like:


#1 - Author Goals
Finish rough drafts of two manuscript series'
Polish A Christmas to Remember
Submit more freelance

These are the goals I'll focus on for this blog

#2 - Creative Goals
Participate in more creative challenges
Keep up with All Occasion Card Challenge (I host this one)
Keep up with Christmas Card Challenge

#3 - Health
Get my health in check before serious issues arise
Build an exercise routine I can live with

Once you establish your Elephants, VJ walks you through Month by Month, Week by Week, Day by Day.

Next Monday, I'll show you what my January Goals have been and how I've broken them down into manageable bites.

In the mean time, please check out my review of How to Eat an Elephant on Amazon.

I hope you'll share your GOALS for 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment