Friday, January 27, 2017

NEW YEAR - NEW PLAN!


Happy New Year, dear readers!

I know I've been promising this remodel for almost a year. Between job changes for my husband and for myself in 2016, some things just had to take a backseat. Sadly, decisions about my writing were buckled safely in the back for the ride through this crazy time in our life. 

I began seeing road signs more clear in October when I attended the Ozark Creative Writers conference. I formally met Casey Cowan of Oghma Creative Media. While a book I pitched to Casey ultimately did not make the cut, we found another common ground we could work together on.  By late November I became Marketing Director for Oghma Creative Media AND Saddlebag Disptaches magazine. I also became a regular feature columnist for Saddlebag Dispatches. My first article on the Arizona Cowboy - Rex Allen, appeared in the Winter 2016 issue (pg 120). You can read the magazine free on-line or subscribe to the quarterly print copy. I'm turning in my first cover story and another history non-fiction piece this weekend.

I also began selling Stampin' Up! scrapbooking/ cardmaking/ paper crafting products back in May 2016. I've been a customer for almost twenty years and decided the time had come to have the discount and early preview of new products. 

With the fireworks of 2017 came new decisions for me. Some things probably won't make my publisher happy but I've come to the awakening of what is going to work for me. What is going to make me happy? What is going to propel my publication dream closer to a full-fledged reality? 

Over the coming weeks, I hope to share some of the plans to make those dreams come true. In the mean time, help yourself to chocolates and wine. 

Thank you for stopping in.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment