Friday, June 19, 2020

THE WRITER'S NEST - Linda Broday

Today's guest in The Writer's Zone is the every-talented Linda Broday



Thank you for joining me today and inviting my readers into your Writing Nest.


1 – Describe your writing nest?

I suppose you’d call it traditional. I have a large desk that my PC sets on with room for my well-used dictionary and snacks. Above my desk is a clock and a small plaque that says Life is a Journey. Enjoy it! To my right is my Texas wall that is very important to me. Directly behind is a good-sized window that provides plenty of light. Lining the top of the walls are some of my book covers. Small shelves hold my research books. Then of course, I have my printer and my Writer of the Year and National Readers’ Choice Awards.

 2 – What is it about this space that inspires you?

It’s light and airy. In fact, I rarely have to use my overhead light. Creativity seems to flow in this room and I just feel very happy and comfortable in here. Thoughts and ideas spring to life when I sit down and I can feel a certain energy moving around me that transports me to the 1800s.

3 – Has finding your space been an evolving journey? How so?

No, I knew from the first my nest would be in this room and it just fit. I moved in here in November 2019 and from Day 1 my heart was happy. It simply fits.

4 – Anything you would change?

If I could, I would move my desk facing the window but that’s impossible since a built-in space heater is below. The only other thing I would possible change would be the view out the window. Oh man, I’d love to have some mountains out there! And a tall, rugged cowboy to hand me drinks and fan me all day. But alas, there’s nothing I can do about either of those. Darn it!

5 – What advice would you give to someone looking to build their own nest?

Find a place that suits you. A lot of authors are comfortable writing outside or on the sofa. If that’s you, then go for it. Wherever you decide, have the essentials around you so you won’t have to constantly get up and down. You never want to interrupt your creative zone if you can help it.

Linda is sharing a blurb from one of her books with us today. This is Book 3 in the Outlaw Mail Order Brida series:


Blurb:

When three young children show up on outlaw Tait Trinity's doorstep, he knows he can't help them—a wanted man has no business raising kids. And yet he can't bring himself to turn them away. At a loss, he sends for the mail order bride he'd been writing to, hoping the demure dressmaker will be the answer to his prayers.

Melanie Dunbar is nothing like the bride Tait was expecting. She's rough and tumble...and hiding an ulterior motive. Dangerous men have taken her sister hostage, and if Melanie wants to see her alive, she'll have to betray her new husband. There's only one problem—the more time she spends with Tait, the more she comes to care for him. Yet as the noose begins to tighten, Melanie will have to make a terrible choice: save her sister...or the man she loves.

Thank you again, Linda, for joining us today. Love your space and look forward to binge-reading this series.

You will find Linda at the following social media locations:

WEBSITE   FACEBOOK   GOODREADS   AMAZON AUTHOR   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM

Purchase your copy of all of Linda's books through the following links:

AMAZON   B & N   KOBO   APPLE   WEBSTORE


 








5 comments:

  1. Hi Angela, thank you so much for having me! I love showing off my "nest." Everything around me inspires and sparks creativity and that's what's important. Many of the things hanging on walls are gifts from readers. I feel so blessed when they feel led to send me things. It was such a joy meeting you in Arkansas last year. I had the best time there in the Ozarks with so many writers. There was such good energy around me. Thanks again for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nest is not nearly this neat and pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana, most times my nest isn't either. I do try to make it an inviting place though and clutter isn't something I can tolerate for very long. Keep writing and finding lots of inspiration. Thanks for coming.

      Delete
  3. I have a room I was attempting to turn into a reading room when I had my car wreck so alas it has been at a standstill but I am hoping in the very near future maybe to get back to making it my own space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda....waving madly!! Yes, you definitely need a nice, inviting reading space. And if you have room, I say go for it. In the 1800s and earlier, houses of the wealthy had a room for everything. A Library, a Music Room, a parlor, and a receiving room. Sometimes they had a drawing room. Crazy. I'm so happy you came over. Thank you so much.

      Delete