Wednesday, November 4, 2020

WEDNESDAY REVIEW - The Christmas Children

 


Good morning, readers!

I enjoyed THE CHRISTMAS CHILDREN. In the beginning, the Inspiration part of this story hit hard... a bit too hard for my taste. Most inspirationals I read weave the religious aspect throughout the story where this has more of a preaching aspect. For me, this detracts from the story and I almost put the book down before I'd finished the first chapter.

We know that Carissa Whitmore comes to Yuletide to find something she'd lost along her way. I also enjoyed that the heroine is in her forties as opposed to a twenty-something. 

Paul Spencer is the perfect pairing for Carissa. They support each other while trying to form a plan as to what is in the best interest of Alex, Lauren and Julia. 

I do believe Irene's story-line provides the perfect balance between the internal conflict with real-life complications. 

I'm giving THE CHRISTMAS CHILDREN



You will find Irene Brand books at the following links:


All my best
~Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment