Good morning, friends
As I sit here planning out September I realized this is the last day of August and time for an update.
Sadly, there is no update on the writing. I really want to finish this book but life keeps happening. I'm so over interruptions.
I was almost to the point of having the studio in a workable order and already had my desk space to layout the scene printouts and begin putting the final phase of the draft together when this happened:
Above my paper storage we discovered I have a serious leak. Now, this did not surprise us as it's just an extension of a roof leak we've been dealing with for at the very least, a couple of years. We've tried everything tofind/ fix the issue. Bob was sure it had to do with the chimney because that had been an issue before we bought the house. The only time the leak affected us was when we had a pelting rain from the northwest. Well, over time the leak has become a stead drip with any rain and apparently running down a channel and into the addition - my office.
Bob thinks he's found the issue and fixed it for real this time, but we won't know until we get a good rain and he can actually see. So we wait through the next couple of weeks as we are in for nothing but sun and close to 100* temps for the next week or two.
In the mean time, stuff from those top shelves are all over the office, the living room, and my roll-top desk in the bedroom until we find out. All the spaces I'd sorted/ pitched/ cleared now have those items on them and I'm back to no place to work but the dining room table.
I'll be back to work on the manuscript for a couple of hours each night this week as I ask Earth Mother for rain.
What life interruptus do you deal with in your writing life? I'd love to commiserate with you.
All my best!
~ Angela


No comments:
Post a Comment