Monday, April 5, 2021

MONDAY MOTIVATION - Setting Goals

 


Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm a bit late coming to the party today because, well, I've been working! I just wasn't working on these blog posts. I'm here now, so let's talk about what's different.

For starters, I'm no longer using, TOP 3. If you liked that type of posting, please leave a comment and let  me know. I can always revert back. In the mean time, I think this new path covers the subject.

Next, whenever I use a pixabay image, I will post a link to the creator (not just pixabay but the artists page). Please check out their work if you're ever in need of some cool graphics. While they are free, take a moment to buy them a cup of coffee and link to them as well. That really helps their SEO standings.

Finally, but by no means less important, are my GOALS for the week.
Each Monday, I check in with my buddy, Jen Nipps (jennippsonline) where we share our Top 3 for the week. Later (when we remember) we check in on Wednesday for a progress report then again on Saturday as to how our week went. That is what started the Top 3 posts here on the blog. But I'm switching things up a bit... partly for the SEO thing. 

If you don't know, SEO means Search Engine Optimization. Basically, all about how you fall in ranking when someone searches for a specific topic. I don't thnk Top 3 is going to rate as well as Motivation or Goals. The content of the post won't change a lot, just how I present the information.


I have four major goals this week... actually for the next two since Bob is gone for two more FULL weeks. 

* Blog Posts for April & May
*Collab Projects for YouTube
*Book 2 of Planned to Perfection Series
*Garden - spring planting

I've already been back to work on the manuscript. Whether I feel up to it or not, I sit and work for at least an hour. Not near as much as I need to hit my release date but that is a start. ... Far more then I've been doing the past two years. I've had more than one request for Book 2. Time to get it out there.

I'll see about putting a word count bar over on my side bar but not tops on my priority list right now. The sun is still shining and there are onions to plant.

Remember to leave a comment below!
Also, if there is an author who's WRITER'S NEST you'd like to peek into, let me know in the comments or by using the contact form and I'll do my best to get them to open their door for a visit.

All my best
~Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment