Monday, April 19, 2021

MONDAY MOTIVATION - Setting Goals

 



Good morning, everyone!

I can not believe it's Monday again, already! Where does the time go?
Before I post what's going on this week, I do have to say I did not meet my writing goal last week. Trying to get too many things done around here and just flat wore out by the time I could sit and write. I am NOT a night person. I'd stop my day work around 4, eat supper, tidy up the kitchen. By then I didn't want to start writing because I knew the flow would get interrupted when Bob called around 6.  By 8, I am in bed to wind down for about an hour then hopefully, sleep the whole night through. I am usually up by 5 a.m. to start my day. Though, sleeping through the night is not something I do well anymore unless I take something. Zzquil is my friend about every other night.

As to talking with Bob, he is my real life hero. After 36 years of marriage, we still talk every day (signal allowing) when he's gone and we talk for an hour. I wait anxiously for him to retire when we can set a regular daily routine. Sadly, that isn't for another 20 months so must figure out how to make this work in the mean time.

He'll be home Wednesday night and there are several things I need to get done before he arrives. 

This week, I'll be finishing up the posting Author Spotlight/ Reviews for the 7 Brides for 7 Soldier's series. Those will run Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. From there we can get back to the regular schedule postings.  If you've not read this series and love a quick read, this 7 Brides for 7 Soldier's is for you. 

While my word count is way off where I need to be, I'm okay with that. I finally made the final pass-through of Chapter 1. On to Chapter 2 tonight... part of which is roughly written so will be all about fine-tuning Katie's point of view and adding Marc's. 

I pretty much dumped last week's goals. I did do the interview with Jennifer Connor of Sugar Lily Bakery & Floral. Learned a ton of stuff helpful for bringing a realism to my story. The official title by the way - AN OZARKS HOMECOMING


I reverted back to a previous working title because I want to keep AN OZARKS in each of the four titles. Book 3 - AN OZARKS REUNION and Book 4 - AN OZARKS PROMISE (tentatively)

So here we go for this week:
GOALS
* Complete Chapter 2 and have direction for Chapter 3
*Rethink the blogging/ social media book for conference
*Contact future authors for Writer's Nest posts
*Continue office clean out

I will be bakc tomorrow wiht Book 5 of the 7- Brides for 7 Soldier's series where I will introduce you to Jack. I hope you'll come back and meet Julia London. 

All my best
~ Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment