Monday, April 12, 2021

MONDAY MOTIVATION - Setting Goals

 



Good morning, everyone!

Wow, this is going to be a really busy week.  This is my last full week before Bob comes home for the next twenty-one days. As most of you know, I don't do a lot of work when he's home so this is cram week.

I know I dropped the ball on some book reviews. I'm going to run those this week and next with link-backs to the coordinating Author Spotlights, then next week we'll be back on track, so be prepared for back-to-back reviews.


Just a reminder that Jodi Thomas' Book 2 in the Honey Creek series, Picnic In Someday Valley releases April 27th. My review for that will run on a special SUNDAY REVIEW. In the meantime, the book is up for PRE-ORDER so go grab your copy and let's compare notes. By the way, Pre-order price is at a 26% discount! 


I'm way behind on Camp Nano but at least I'm finally in the story. I found my wings, so to speak, in setting the scene with Marc receiving the news they've found his grandfather's remains from the Korean War. As I type this I realize what is missing from that chapter so I'll have to work that in this evening.

My heroine, Katie, has a dream of opening her own bakery in Eureka Springs. That is her driving force since fate seems to have people walking away from her. She feels the bakery will be her one constant in her life. Today, I'm meeting with Jennifer Connor of Sugar Lily Bakery and Floral to get an inside look at what goes in to opening a bakery. 

For the past two years I've done a lot of research on military transfer and handling of remains. One thing I hadn't thought about was the way they get from Point A to Point B then to their final resting place. I've found some helpful videos (what did we do before YouTube University?!) on the inside look of a Boeing C-17 transport. Times like this is when I could fly to WA state to see my daughter and her family. She has an inside track with Boeing that I'm sure could get me an actual walk-on. Oh well, YouTube will have to do. 

GOALS:
* hit 20k on An Ozarks Homecoming
* continue to tweak a workbook on blogging/ social media that I want to sell at OCW
       (coordinates with the two sessions I'm presenting at the conference)
* get more stuff put away in the office so I can stop working 
at the dining room table when Bob is gone.

I don't have a Writer's Nest post for this month. Hopefully, I can get some authors in here for the rest of the year. I will admit I've not worked on that much the past few weeks but I do have some lining up - an entire series from a really strong critique group. Mid-South Writers Group of Cassville now have a more of a social media presence than just Facebook so I want to give them a boost.

I did look into putting a word count meter on my sidebar. I did not find one that wanted to play nice with blogger. If you have you that you like, please let me know in the comments below. I know there used to be one.. I used it when I first started the blog. My next step is to look up the one I used (should be in my password book) to see if that one is still available.

In the mean time, I'm off to discover things and get back to my characters.

All my best
~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment