Monday, May 3, 2021

MONDAY MOTIVATION

 


Good afternoon, everyone!

I got home last night around 8 p.m. and I was exhausted. Why is it the drive home always seems longer than the drive to the destination?

I visited with Kassie and the grandbabies Tuesday night and Wednesday morning before heading back to Muscatine IA as my stopping point for a couple of days to write. A couple turned into four! I just knew I needed the time and as Bob said, I was already there and set up so I just ran with it. 

I'm a mixture of planner/ pantster/ quilter. From a planner perspective I know what needs to happen and a geneeral idea of where in the story. For the actual writing process I pretty much fly by the seat of my pants writing out things that come to my brain. I may write on one scene til I hit a block, close it out then jump to another. When all is said and done, I figure out how all the pieces need to fit together, then start the quilting process of putting things in order, filling in the bridges between scenes as I go. 

I didn't accomplish much Wednesday night except to finish a book I had started the night before - review coming tomorrow. Thursday after I breakfast I jumped right in putting a filing system in place on the computer to fit all the pieces in to then started writing. I did a lot of 20 minute sprints. Some were really productive. By Saturday night I'd written over 4,000 words on this story in three days. 

I'm home now and focusing on the blog posts as well as spending time with Bob. He leaves out on the 11th. I'm taking tonight off to just chill with him but starting tomorrow night I want to spend a couple hours every night working on the story. I don't want to lose momentum. 

Goals for this week:

1 - 2000 words. More would be great

2 - get a couple things done in the office I need his help with while he's home

3 - blog posts for this week and part of next. I'll worry about catching up the rest of the month next Tuesday after he leaves.

Remember,beginning this week I'll be combining Author Spotlight and Review on Tuesdays. Wednesdays will be posts that correlate to the book I am writng. 

All my best

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment