Friday, November 19, 2021

THE WRITER'S NEST - Ruth Mitchell

 Good morning!

I look forward to our Writer's Nest posts. I love peeking inside other author's spaces to see where they create their stories. 

Today, we're looking inside the nest of Arkansas author, Ruth Mitchell. You met her earlier in the week. Now, let's find out more about where she writes.

Welcome, Ruth!

Every writer needs a companion

Describe your writing nest? 

I write on a small antique library desk using a surface laptop and sit in a comfortable, but inexpensive swivel office chair with arm rests. My desk looks out a window into the woods where I often see deer grazing in the yard. There is a walking/bike trail just beyond and sometimes I am surprised by hikers or mountain bike riders whipping down the slope.


What is it about this space that inspires you? 

The natural light of the window, the surprise visitors in my yard.


Has finding your space been an evolving journey? How so? 

No, we moved to this house 3 years ago and I knew instantly this would be my office.


Anything you would change? 

I wouldn’t let my husband have a desk in here too, but he is rarely at his computer anymore.


Other books by Ruth include her first fiction - White Oak as well as her non-fiction about co-dependency... Living Happy, Joyous and Free.

You may purchase your copy on B & N and  Amazon

You will find Ruth on social media via the following links:

 FACEBOOK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM   GOODREADS  

AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE

All my best
~Angela







No comments:

Post a Comment