Wednesday, April 24, 2024

WEDNESDAY REVIEW - Culinary Confections

 Good morning, friends

I'm on a short leash today so this will be a brief review. Bob is on his way home and the house is a disaster LOL.



Blurb:

Madelyn Jones has always wanted to take over her aunt's bakery. For her dream to finally come true, she has to bake a wedding cake for a customer and nail it to perfection. Luckily for her, her best friend, Justin, is in town, after finishing culinary school. He decides to help Maddie out and the pair start working on the most perfect wedding cake they can muster.

But between sugar flowers and tasty fillings, the two best friends slowly understand that there is more than friendship lingering in the air. As they spend their days alone in a small kitchen, how long can they deny their ever-growing chemistry?

I loved the premise, and the growth between Madelyn and Justin as they worked together on what could be a make or break commission for Madelyn's bakery. I don't usually read books with college-aged characters so I was a bit out of my element but I did enjoy the story. 

I loved the premise and I think J.K. Lambo was on the right track. That said, the story seems to get lost in repetitive and passive word usage. I have no doubt with some tightening as well as another round or two of edits this would be a great book, 

I'm giving CULINARY CONFESSIONS:



. 8


Click on any of the links below to learn more about Joanne Lambo and give her all the loves & follows.




No comments:

Post a Comment