Wednesday, April 17, 2024

WEDNESDAY REVIEW - Kindled Hearts

 Good morning, friends!

I love Spring in the Ozarks. The weather yesterday provided the perfect backdrop for sitting on the deck reading this week's book by Abbey Easton - KINDLED HEARTS.


Here's a bit about Kindled Hearts:

There’s a serial killer in Ember Hollow. Lark Meadows survived him once, but he’ll burn it all down to get her back.

​After my best friend was murdered in her bed, I ran from Ember Hollow and never looked back. But nine years later, I’m forced to return to my small town and run into the last person I expected, Reid Ramsey. He’s a local Private Investigator now…and my best friend’s big brother.

​Reid has always been a protector, watching out for the ones he loves. As we grow closer, it’s clear how broken he is. He couldn’t save his little sister all those years ago and the guilt crushed him.

​Bonded through tragedy, an unexpected spark ignites between us. The burn is slow, but bright and consuming. As we lead each other on the path toward healing, disaster strikes again when a girl goes missing.

​Desperate to find her before it’s too late, Reid and I will stop at nothing to discover the truth. The closer we come to solving the case, and the danger escalates, dark shadows from my past finally catch up to me. This time…I don’t know if I’ll make it out of this town alive.

I loved this book. Abbey created rich characters and is masterful at showing their growth while maintaining who they are at the core. 
One point I really appreciate is she provides trigger warnings, allowing her readers to choose what they can handle.

In this Kindled Hearts, Lark Meadows struggles with the nightmares of the last night we all saw her best friend alive. Her best friend's brother, Reid, is determined to protector, just as he had both of their girls when they were younger. As we follow the two of them on their journey to rid their memories, and those of Ember Hollow, from the Shadow Stalker, a new victim surfaces. The twist at the end will leave you anxious for Book two. 

There are five brothers so I'm pretty sure there will be five books. The one I'm most looking forward to is Roman's story. He's seen tragedy and I want him to find love again for him and his impish daughter. 

I'm giving KINDLED HEARTS:



As an Indie Author, Abbey Easton is doing everything right. Her covers are beautiful, her story lines flawless, and well edited.  You'll find all the purchase links on Abbey's website HERE or by clicking on any of the following:



Catch up with Abbey Easton through her social media links below:



All my best!
~ Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment