Tuesday, February 16, 2021

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT - Mickee Madden

 Good morning, friends!

Today, I want to shine the spotlight on a Mickee Madden. I first came across Ms. Madden in 1995 when I picked up a copy of her book, EVERLASTIN.


The cover had a holographic tone and the blurb on the back only added to the intrique and desire to read:

1843 - Lachlan Baird brings his bride to the house he'd built especially for her. But the honeymoon is cut short when Lachlan is murdered. Now Lachlan haunts the house that brought him death instead of happiness.

1994 - Beth Staples, who has spent her life catering to others, takes a well-earned vacation. In a magnificent mansion in Scotland, she meets the man of her dreams. But her dream man is a ghost! Can a sensible modern woman and an irresistible seductive spirit find happiness together? With a little trust, a lot of love, and a few twists of fate, anything is possible.

The book came back to the forefront of my TBR pile last week when author, Morgan Wright, asked if we read books more than once. Everlastin is one I've ready many times. With the author's name in mind, I did a search on Amazon. I wanted to buy a copy for my sister... the one who always seems to donate/ lose books I lend her and I wasn't taking the chance with this favorite book.

Before we talk about the books, here's what I found on the author. While I couldn't locate a website, I did find her on Goodreads and Smashwords.



Her bio:
Born in 1951, I've been writing since I was thirteen, and it remains as exciting to create works as it was all those years ago.
I've been married almost 50 years to a terrific guy, have three children, six grandchildren, and a great-grandson due in August.
I subscribe to a life of reading, 'riting & rockhounding.
I'm usually behind a camera, so finding a photo of me is rare.


From what I see, Mickee Madden got the rights back to this one (origianlly with Pinnacle) plus has written others in the series.

Here's the redo on Book 1:


Book 2:

Book 3:

Book 4:

Book 5:

Book 6:


You'll find other books by Mickee Madden HERE

If you love a good highland romance with a bit of time travel and a ghost for a hero as much as I do, you'll love the Everlastin' series.  While I could order the remaining five books for my kindle, I'll be forking out the dough for the paperbacks to sit on the shelf with their original. 

Until tomorrow,

All my best

~Angela






No comments:

Post a Comment