Wednesday, July 10, 2024

WEDNESDAY REVIEW - The Maverick's Marriage Deal

 Good morning, friends!

I've had a busy couple of days trying to get ahead of some blog posts before the RSJ Conference this week and prepping for post to run while I'm on my trip later this month. I'm striving to not have any blog gaps so bear with me, please. 

When I posted last week's replay post on FB, apparently the bots didn't think the post fit within their guidelines; removing the post for spamming! And some people wonder why I'm not a fan of the platform. I hope I got some views on the post before they removed it.  So we'll try again this week.


THE MAVERICK'S MARRIAGE DEAL is Book 3 in the Montana Mavericks - The Anniversary Gift series.


BLURB:

"If we’re both still single at thirty…"

Rancher Shep Dalton was just eighteen when he told his high school friend Rylee Parker he’d marry her—if they hadn’t found spouses by thirty. Those twelve years went by in a flash, and what started out as a joke has suddenly turned serious—thanks to a fib told by tipsy Shep at a friend's birthday party! Now everyone in Bronco believes they’re getting married, and Shep’s dirty little secret is that he doesn’t mind at all. But being a real-life husband to sweet Rylee seems like a dream out of reach for the restless cowboy…

I've read marriage of convenience stories, but this was a totally different spin. I think, what I loved most about this story was how Kaylie created characters that had a lot of the same similarities, as well as differences. This allowed them to really come together, yet struggle with their inner conflicts. Kaylie Newell is a true artist in creating this story. We not all be able to identify but we wanted to cheer them on, maybe even smack a certain cowboy up along side the head a time or two. We also saw growth in Shep's father, mostly because it helped her bring Shep's turning point to the forefront. Masterful!

There's one other thread I've been looking for in this series, but I won't tell you. No spoiler alerts from this reviewer. You'll just have to read to find out. ;-)

The other thing I've loved about this whole series is that we're reading about characters approaching their 30s. They are mature, with experience to build the stories around. This isn't the Bachelorette. We are looking for real people, with real scars to show us anything is possible; that fairytales are possible.

I'm giving THE MAVERICK'S MARRIAGE DEAL:

 


Remember, there are a total of six books in this series. You'll find links to all of them below:

No comments:

Post a Comment