Wednesday, July 17, 2024

WEDNESDAY REVIEW - The Maverick's Thirty-Day Marriage

Good morning, friends!

I'm in the process of reading another great book in The Montana Mavericks - The Anniversary Gift series.


THE MAVERICK'S THIRTY-DAY MARRIAGE is Book 4 in The Montana Mavericks - The Anniversary Gift series. 



BLURB:

“Marry me…for a month!”

Cowboy Ross Burris has an image problem, and he needs to fix it in a hurry. When sports reporter Celeste Montgomery comes to town for an interview, opportunity knocks—and Ross answers. He can’t believe it when he proposes to the city girl, but no one is more surprised than Celeste when she actually says “I do!” to the sexy rodeo star. But she quickly realizes she’s made a terrible mistake, because all she wants is to make her fake Mr. a forever husband…

Something about this story captured me in the first few pages. Russ doesn't want anything to do with being interviewed, though I don't think his response has anything to do with the reporter originally wanting to interview his brother, Geoff. He just isn't interested. He's focused on his career and his future. So why does he change his mind when he sees Celeste's picture in the dossier folder? My first thought took me back to the blurb of a book from my back list. When he saw her, he knew he had to have her... and does.

Russ, himself, tells you he isn't interested in marriage and settling down (though, just like in previous books in the series, he is the hold-out amongst his siblings--much to the dismay of his parents).So why the change of heart? 

Celeste is very focused on her career, too, and proving to her boss she can handle the tough assignments. I have my opinions on her boss but I'll leave that for you to decide.

So, go through all the hoops of not just a 'pretend' marriage - but to actually GET MARRIED?! Yeah, I can see a whole host of problems and sexual tension in this relationship. 

I've also loved the fact that we have people of color as our main characters. I hadn't realized in the earlier books when the authors referenced the Hawkins family. Refreshing. 

Rochelle Alers wrote an outstanding story in this series. I'm looking forward to adding more of her books to my endless TBR. 

I know you're probably tired of seeing this, but THIS SERIES warrants every quill I assign. 

I'm giving, THE MAVERICK'S THIRTY-DAY MARRIAGE...

We have two books left in this series. Here are the links to all six books. 

Book 1: Sweet-Talkin' Maverick by Christy Jeffries

Book 2: Maverick's Secret Daughter by Catherine Mann

Book 3: The Maverick's Marriage Deal by Kaylie Newell

Book 4: The Maverick's Thirty-Day Marriage by Rochelle Alers

Book 5: Starting Over with the Maverick by Kathy Douglass

Book 6: A Lullaby for the Maverick by Melissa Senate



You'll find out more about Rochelle Alers by visiting yesterday's Spotlight Post HERE as well as clicking on the links below.






No comments:

Post a Comment