Friday, July 16, 2021

THE WRITER'S NEST - Elizabeth Bromke

 Good morning, everyone!

Are you ready to peek inside of another writing space? Elizabeth Bromke gave great advice yesterday. Let's see what she has to share today.

BIO:

Elizabeth Bromke writes small-town women's fiction and sweet romance. In her stories, she weaves multi-generational family dynamics with the triumphs and trials of modern relationships.

Elizabeth and her husband and son live in the mountains of Arizona. There, they spend time together reading, taking walks with their sweet pup, Winnie, and working on puzzles.

Thanks for taking us on a tour today, Elizabeth!


Describe your writing nest? It changes with the season! In the winter, I write in the cozy crook of my bed, next the window. When the weather is good, I like to write on my back deck. There, the sun sets and casts an orange glow through the pine trees. It’s breathtaking, truly. 


What is it about this space that inspires you?
In my bed, even if it’s freezing out, I’ll crack my window so I have a cool breeze curling in and over my blanket-buried body! On the deck, the feel of the fresh air, the smell of wood smoke (mountain life!), and the sounds of birds all work together to shape my story telling.


Has finding your space been an evolving journey? How so? Yes, definitely. It still is, too. I like to roam around my house. Walking, even short little jaunts, keeps my ideas flowing. While routine is critical, for me, movement and change is critical, too. That’s why I mix it up regularly.


Anything you would change? One day, I’d love to have a sunroom! Seems like the ideal mix of elements. 

What advice would you give to someone looking to build their own nest? I like a bit of a dynamic set-up, where I can get up and move about. When I first started writing, I saw that so many writers committed to their desks or offices. I tried that, too, but without fail I never could stay in one place long. I finally gave myself permission to write wherever I wanted. The words flow better there.

Great spaces, Elizabeth. Very inspiring!



You'll find The House on Apple Hill Lane available on AMAZON & B & N

Sign up for Elizabeth's newsletter HERE.

You will find Elizabeth by following the social media links below:








No comments:

Post a Comment