Friday, December 30, 2011

Starting a new year

Wow!

With all the internet challenges and everything else that found me in 2011, I'm hoping 2012 will be a bit calmer in some ways and more active in others.

I'm also hoping to be more organized. I've tried, unsuccessfully, over the past couple of years to find the perfect day planner. Working from home gives us a different set of parameters than someone on the 8-4/ 9-5 gig. Our daily routine is more about a To Do list than time slots and meetings. Most of the time, unless we have a lunch meeting with our editor or an appointment to interview someone, time isn't important. But knowing the things we need to do within our work day is.

While shopping at Books -A -Million back in September, I found the Busy Office Page-a-Day notepad. As you can see in the link, it has the day/ date at the top of the page and then the rest of the main part is a list-making space with check-off boxes.

I've used my computer to print out the 12 monthly calendar pages and that's what I'm working with this year. I've already started writing in some of the blog things I do on specific days. I still have more to add as I begin putting them into play. But for now I feel as if I have a solid start on the new year.

Monday, we'll talk about Goals for 2012. What are some of your 2012 Goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment