Monday, February 18, 2013

WEEKLY PLANNER - Feb. 18th

The first book in the INVITATIONS TO AN AFFAIR series is coming along. I did not make the progress last week I had hoped. No one's fault, and no excuses. I just didn't apply myself to the keyboard like I should have. I need to change the course if I am to write both books this year.

Though I am now rethinking the whole '52 invitations' route, meaning I could use less invitations and do it in one book, but the basic plot concept is Daniel asks Cherie to give him a year to prove they belong together.

I like to write from an outline, but because UNCHAINED HEARTS came together so well in November without one I thought I'd try to recapture the enthusiasm with the same process for Invitations. I'm not sure it's working. I think the lack of an outline and a character sketch is preventing me from having 'layers' to peel away as the story progresses. I keep asking myself, 'What is Daniel's problem?' 'Why does he need Cherie?' And I have to be honest, I'm stuck. Other than he knows Cherie is The One he's been looking for all his life, there really isn't anything wrong with him.

I know, no man is perfect. But Daniel comes close. He's a dark haired, sapphire-eyed, Italian with  sexy dimple in his chin. He's wealthy, intelligent, and well-mannered. He invests in people... providing them with opportunities to fulfill their potential and their dreams. Did I mention he's also a fabulous and attentive lover? He's not arrogant, just proud of his accomplishments.

Daniel does suffer from debilitating migraines. The headaches have also been known to cause black-outs. Oh my... I just figured out Daniels issue. Thank you, dear readers, for listening.

Oh, you want to know what Daniel's problem is? Guess I better finish the books so you can read for yourself.

In the mean time, leave a comment as to what you think Daniel's issue could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment