Tuesday, April 27, 2021

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & REVIEW - Jodi Thomas - Picnic in Someday Valley

 Good morning, friends.

I have been waiting months to share this post with you. PICNIC IN SOMEDAY VALLEY - the new release from Jodi Thomas - is finally available for purchase! Did you pre-order your copy? If you're read it, please remember to leave a review. I'd also love to hear your comment below.



Picnic in Someday Valley is Book 2 of 3 in the Honey Creek series. 
I think one of the reasons I fell in love with this book is that, while anyone not knowing the behind the scenes or be familiar with Texas wouldn't notice, the setting resembles a town in the Texas Hill Country.  If you don't know by now, while I was born in Colorado, spent a large part of my life in central IL and now have retired to Missouri, Texas holds my heart. 

The story opens up with the Mayor, Piper Mackenzie, anxiously awaiting the arrival of her love interest, Colby McBride. We first met these two in the Book 1 - Breakfast at the Honey Creek Cafe. I loved that Jodi began by reintroducing these two before bringing on the other characters this story revolves around. She also brought in Marcie Latimer. Texas music is a genre all it's own and I was pleased to see Jodi shine the light on this part of the great state. FYI, while I'm sure Jodi doesn't reference any real place where Marcie sings, Luckebach (it's own zip code)  as well as Poodie's Hilltop Roadhouse (Spicer) would be fitting locales to find someone of Marcie's talent. 

Like pieces stitched together to create a warm, comforting quilt, Jodi Thomas brings smaller intricacies of the story together, forming a larger picture. Each piece compliments the others, taking us from one step to the next. Through the journey we find heartbreak, laughter and love - mirroring our own life while reminding us there is a happy ever after. 

I'm givng Picnic in Someday Valley -



While you're purchasing your copy of Picnic in Someday Valley, go ahead and Pre-Order Book 3 - Dinner on Primrose Hill


You'll find Jodi Thomas via the following Social Media links. She'd love to hear from you!






No comments:

Post a Comment