Monday, September 27, 2021

MONDAY MOTIVATION - A Kick in the Ass kind of day


Good morning, everyone!

Man, it has been a busy few weeks. Sadly, very little of it having to do with writing. I'm changing that this week... without a morning cup of coffee. I just need to get through the headache then we'll see.

I thought with my lack of coffee this morning, I would live vicariously through the photo. This also reminded me of a young girl ( nor more than 12) wearing a t-shirt the other day. The shirt said... My Dreams Are My Future.

How amazing for someone to be in that mind set at such a young age. I know adults who can't grasp that concept!

So, while we should never stop dreaming, at some point we have to take the steps toward that future. That's where I am today.

I'm trying to get back on track with my main sources of income here. Writing/ Crafting.  I'm starting by getting the blogs for the next 2 weeks or longer out of the way. I'll be speaking at the Ozark Creative Writers Conference in Eureka Springs Arkansas in a couple of weeks on of all things - blogging. LOL

I'm working on a game plan today. Aside from having my numbers, I need the outline finished, the handouts constructed... and I'd like them done by the weekend. Bob comes home on October 6th and I leave on the 7th. I don't want to be scrambling last minute when I need to spend those precious few 
hours with him. 


Part of the handout is to (hopefully) have a social media planner that I could feasibly sell at the conference. I know that's pushing the envelope - and I've had 18 months to work on the project - but I'm a last-minute kind of person. So we shall see.

One thing I have accomplished is to request my rights back from Boroughs Publishing Group for Somewhere Down the Line. At first they said (per my contract) I'd missed the window for the request. They have since changed and are considering the option. I'll keep you posted. 

My Goals for this week:

1 - blog posts
2 - workshop outline
3 - learn how to format planner pages

That should keep me out of trouble!
There will not be an Author Spotlight/ Review post tomorrow. I haven't had time to curl up and read. 

All my best
~Angela

 

No comments:

Post a Comment