Friday, September 24, 2021

THE WRITER'S NEST - Daisy Knox

 Good morning, everyone!

I look forward to The Writer's Nest posts. These Friday entries give me the opportunity to be inspired by where other authors create the stories we love to read. 

Like previous posts from Daisy Knox, we get a look at her unique writing space and learn a bit more about her.


Thank you for having us in your space, Daisy.

Describe your writing nest? 

This may sound odd, but my nest is portable, it’s really just my tools. I have a couple of favorite bags that fit my laptop, throw in some notebooks and pens, then I’m all set. I write anywhere and everywhere that I can so that may be on my couch, at my desk at day job, in the passenger seat on road trips, anywhere I go. Much of the time that’s in my backyard in a comfy chair or hammock next to the creek but when I’m lucky, it’ll be at the beach or somewhere fun far from home.


What is it about this space that inspires you?
 

I have a short attention span so I need quiet and no distractions to concentrate. That’s not easy to achieve with a family and job and other responsibilities, so I decided to go portable. I love to be outside so setting up a little workspace in the yard is a must, too.

Has finding your space been an evolving journey? How so? 

It was. I’d make a space somewhere but then there would always be distractions so I need to be able to adapt. And by adapt, I mean move, whenever possible.

Anything you would change? 

Not at all. I love having a dedicated office space but at the same time, that’s not always where I’m productive so my go-bag is everything. 

Thank you for sharing your space with us!



Daisy's book, GO FOR BROKE is available through the following links:

AMAZON   KOBO   B & N   SMASHWORDS

You will find Daisy Knox by clicking on any of the links below:

WEBSITE   BLOG   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM

I'm back to regular posting schedule next week! yay!

All my best

~Angela






No comments:

Post a Comment