Tuesday, March 22, 2022

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & REVIEW - Denise Hildreth Jones

Good morning, everyone!

I do apologize for not getting a Top 3 posted yesterday. I have 2 goals for this week.. Continuing to heal from the fall and work through the HB90 course I should have been on last week.  Doing the course this week will still put me on track for setting up Q2, which begins April 1.

I'm also struggling with arthritis in my right wrist so I'm limiting my blogging time.


I'm stepping outside the box a bit this week to share an unconventional women's fiction as opposed to the normal romance. Let's start with the author - Denise Hildreth Jones:


Here's a bit about Denise:
Denise Hildreth Jones is an author and Bible Study teacher. Her books have been hailed as "smart and witty" by The Library Journal and featured twice in Southern Living. She lives in Franklin, Tennessee, with her husband, five bonus children, and her dog where she leads Reclaiming Hearts Ministries. Visit her at www.reclaiminghearts.org 

If you've been with me for the past six months, at least then you know about the SpectrumArtCreations book club that was formed by friends of mine back in December to read An Ozarks Christmas. They are an art supply company I've become friends with. One of the book club members, (and part of Team Azar) suggested THE WILL OF WISTERIA to kick off 2022. 



BLURB:

Four headstrong siblings must satisfy their father's dying demands--or risk losing his fortune. Let the clash of wills begin.

Charleston blue blood Clayton Wilcott "got religion" late in life; so late, it turns out his kids never took to it. So he's left a provisional will delivered in a highly unorthodox way.

Now they're going to have to honor Daddy's commandments from beyond the grave--for a full year--or be cut off from their substantial inheritances.The scent of wisteria lingers in the air as the four spoiled Wilcotts battle for their birthright. Told in Denise Hildreth's trademark blend of humor and heart, this Southern tale is about learning to love, learning to live, and learning to bend.


This is not my normal read. The Will of Wisteria came out in October of 2007 but is just as enjoyable to read today as I'm sure it was upon release fifteen years again. This book is destined to become a classic and just as soon as I remember where I laid my copy, The Will of Wisteria is going on my keeper shelf!


As a writer, I can appreciate how Ms Jones wrote in no less than FIVE points of view and carried each off with a standard most of us can only hope to achieve when writing two. Each character had their flaws as well as strengths... strengths that showed over time as part of the evolving process they each had to go through in able to achieve the ultimate prize. (sorry, no spoiler alerts here!)


I'm giving THE WILL OF WISTERIA ...



You can learn more about Denise Hildreth Jones by clicking on the following links:



All My Best
~Angela















No comments:

Post a Comment