Wednesday, February 7, 2024

WEDNESDAY REVIEW - Fortune's Baby Claim

 Good morning!

First off, I can't believe I'm staying on top of posts. With Bob home, sometimes life is interesting and he is always my number one priority.  That said, I'll have a video coming soon to talk about 'A Day In the Life' kind of chat so if you like those kind of videos, please subscribe to my AuthorTube channel.



FORTUNE'S BABY CLAIM is Book 1 in The Fortunes of Texas series. How I managed to finally land on the first book in a series is a surprise to me! 

Here's the blurb:

An unthinkable mistake…Might be their good fortune!

It’s every parent’s worst nightmare come true when two babies are mistakenly switched at birth! Single mom Esme Fortune already loves the infant she brought home from the hospital, but she can’t possibly deny her own flesh and blood. And even if businessman Ryan Hayes never expected to be parenting a baby alone, he certainly doesn't want to give up his son. Their unconventional solution: Why not join forces—and raise the kids together? The pair's unbreakable love for their children brokers an unlikely partnership…and as an undeniable respect and attraction grows, perhaps so much more.  

I loved the fact that, though the characters are unaware, they make contact in the prologue. As a reader, I like to at least know who the players are early on in the first chapter even if they don't come together until the beginning of chapter two. 

The situation, while stretched, is believable. Bringing the couple together using DNA testing showed promise and the pompous hospital attorney was true to form. We don't see him after the initial confrontation but the story is peppered with his determination to cover the hospital's you know what. 

Though I didn't care for the heroine's name, I enjoyed Esme's character. When all else failed she fell back on her strength and she took initiative. Her late ex-husband tried to beat her self-esteem to a pulp but inside, she knew who she was at her core. 

Ryan Hayes comes to the interesting relationship with his own set of issues that nearly cost him everything he truly wanted. Together, he and Esme had one goal... to be the best parents they could be to two cuddly little boys who didn't ask for any of this. A stormy night truly brought this family together.

My only disappointment in this book was the addition of so many other characters that aren't important to the overall story. I'm sure at some point in this series they will be but as I got to those parts, I felt my eyes glaze over. I just wanted to see how Esme and Ryan made this unfortunate incident in their lives a true blessing.

For that, I'm giving FORTUNE'S BABY CLAIM:



You can find out more about Michelle Major and her long list of books by checking out her website or Amazon Author Page. Those and her other social media links are listed below.




No comments:

Post a Comment