Wednesday, February 21, 2024

WEDNESDAY REVIEW - Maverick's Secret Daughter

 Good morning, everyone!

Okay, I confess. I'm posting this on Tuesday night. Bob left for his 21 day rotation on the boat this morning. The house was so quiet... almost unsettling. With the feeling overtaking me, I dove right in to reading MAVERICK'S SECRET DAUGHTER by Catherine Mann. 

Let's talk about it!



BLURB:

He was a father—but he longed to win over her mother, too…

When sales rep Gabrielle Hammond wound up pregnant after a very out-of-character fling at a convention, she was sure Ryan Taylor would want no part of fatherhood. Now, two years later, the wealthy rancher has discovered Bella is his, and he is proposing marriage to Gabby—right away! Wary of his offer, Gabby agrees only to spend some time on the Taylor ranch, to let the daddy get to know his daughter. But the closer Gabby gets to Ryan, the harder it is to fight the hunky cowboy’s appeal…


Another secret baby story, true. But this is also a second chance. A chance for two people who had an amazing connection, conceived a child then went their separate ways. 
At first, I thought Ryan was a cad (read the book then tell me in the comments below if you picked up on that). Tall drink of Texan charms, beds then leaves a woman to figure out the rest for herself.

Mind you, Gabby is no slouch. She is a fierce Momma Bear willing to protect Bella at all costs... even if her decision means heartbreak. 

Another interesting character in this book was Thaddeus Taylor. The man is portrayed as a horrible person. His children tolerate him, sometimes. His wife lives almost reclusive in her wing of the huge log mansion. You have to wonder, what made Thaddeus Taylor the way his? I'm anxious to read the other books in the series to learn more about the family Ryan grew up in and secrets lurking in Thaddeus' past. 

I put the book down one time. Dishes and food called. LOL So you can bet I'm giving MAVERICK'S SECRET DAUGHTER:



There are 6 other books in the series. (This is Book 2). Here are the links to the other books. Book 3 releases next month.
NOTE: I believe the links below are for eBooks. I picked up my hard copy at Walmart.


You can find out more about Catherine Mann by following any of the links below. 




All my best!
~ Angela







No comments:

Post a Comment