Wednesday, June 28, 2017

CONFERENCES & CONTESTS - Writer's Digest

NOTE from my desk: While I have not attended most of the conferences I showcase, I have heard excellent comments regarding their offerings. Please check their website thoroughly and if you have any questions, use the contact information on their page. While some may be short-dated, I encourage you to check out their site and plan for next year.

Also, keep in mind that by the time you see the conference info here, hotels may be already filling up. When you call the hotel for reservations, check to see what hotels are within walking or uber distance if you need to stay off sight. Being on location always offer the best conference experience but sometimes it's just about being there when you can.

If you attend any of the conferences or enter the contests I list, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please share your review in the comments section of that conference's post.
Know of a great conference you'd like me to share? Please use the contact form on the right to drop me a note.


Thank you!





While I've never attended this conference, I know several people who have as well as some of the folks connected to the Writer's Digest organization. They are top notch and bring in only the best. Writer's Digest is always on target with trends in the writing industry.

What you walk away with from this, and any conference, is entirely up to you and what you are looking for. But of all the conferences, Writer's Digest is out to insure every attendee finds what is right for them... even if you don't know what it is you need. They cover all the bases from Getting Published, Building a Platform, Crafting a good book, Genre insights and the Business side of the profession. I have to say, of all the conferences I've attended, very few focus on the business. That's what writing is. If you are striving to be published and investing time and money into your craft in the hopes of making money some day - it is a BUSINESS.

While some of the other conferences I've mentioned have been short-dated, there is still time to register for this conference. Go forth and absorb the knowledge from the cream of the crop and I look forward to hearing of your experience.

Creative Blessings!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment