Monday, July 13, 2020

CATCHING UP - Back to Writing!

After three months of not working on my book, I'm finally getting back to writing Marc and Katie's story. I'm not actually putting words to paper this week. Instead, I'm getting back into the story by rewatching the videos, reading the news links and listening to my playlist. 

I need to enter their world before I can take you along. 

I learned last week that the Ozark Creative Writers conference for October has been canceled - thanks to Covid-19.   Just saying that makes me want to rant, but I won't. We each have our opinions. I'll keep mine to myself. 


Friday, I received a call from Inn of the Ozarks asking if I wanted to cancel my reservation or move to next year. I opted to cancel for now. Instead, when we deem it safe, I'll make a new reservation (hopefully for the fall) and hide out for 3 or 4 days to do the final edits of this book. When I'm ready, maybe they will be a bit more open and I can enjoy the peace & tranquility. Time will tell.

In the mean time, I'm going to travel back there through An Ozarks Soldier's Homecoming.

We have Cynthia D' Alba in The Writer's Nest this week. I think the world of this lady and I look forward to showing you inside her space.

The Brigands (The Texicans Book 1) by [Parris Afton Bonds]

I am also currently reading The Brigands by Parris Afton Bonds. If I can get that read before Wednesday I'll have my review posted, otherwise that will run the following week. If you know anyting of Texas history, I'm sure you'll enjoy the book.

I have a new Blog Editorial calendar that I'm rolling out and hoping to keep me on track. I have 19 days til Bob comes home. Let's make this work!

Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment