Friday, July 17, 2020

THE WRITER'S NEST - Cynthia D' Alba

Today's guest is Cynthia D' Alba.

I first met Cynthia about six years ago at one of the last Romantic Times conventions. I was thrilled to spend eight days in Dallas. I won a drawing from Cynthia... a gorgeous rustic metal windchime. I treasure the item, which fits well with my writing nest decor. I'll show a picture later in this post. 

For now, let's check in with Cynthia:


Thank you so much for joining us today, Cynthia.

First off, we don't have any pictures of Cynthia's Writing Nest... not a lot to share there. However, she does share her Nest in the questions below. What Cynthia does show is that our 'nest' can be anywhere that's comfortable for us... even if it's nothing more than your lap and a comfy place to sit. 

Describe your writing nest? My lap! What I mean by that is I write anywhere I can sit down and put my computer in my lap. I have an “office” but I’ve filled it with embroidery machines and thread (my hobby.) Usually I write in my living room on the couch or in the tv room in my la-ze-boy recliner.

What is it about this space that inspires you? I like the living room better because I have scented candles that I burn when I write. There’s something about the scent of a candle that makes me want to write. I think I’ve trained my brain!

Has finding your space been an evolving journey? How so? Since I’ve started writing, I have literally moved all over two houses to find the right spot. I’ve sat at desks (2 different ones.) I’ve tried writing at a table. I written by hand and by computer entry. The only thing that works for me is dead silence and my lap. I have to let the “movie” in my head run while I transcribe the action.

Anything you would change? I wish I had a writing partner. Not someone to write my books with me, but someone writing their book in the same room. I am inspired by other writers.

What advice would you give to someone looking to build their own nest? What works for me probably won’t work for you. Don’t be afraid to try different places. Some writers love coffee shops. Some love having a tribe to work with. Some work well teaming up with other writers online and doing sprints. Be comfortable where you write. But the bottom line is that you have to find what works for you.

 Cynthia is sharing a blurb from her book:



When a Navy SEAL runs into an obstacle, he climbs over it, under it, around it, or destroys it. So what if it's a woman?

Master Chief Benjamin Blackwell has it all. Adventure, good looks, skills, and women. His life is perfect and he has no intention of changing a thing. Until her.

Holly Maxwell is a sexy woman unlike anyone he’s met before. A widow for ten years, she’s happy with her life even with the trials of raising a pre-teen daughter, and being the only girl in a nosy, boisterous family of Coronado cops.

But what makes her so inexplicable to this Navy SEAL is her total lack of interest in him...

Thank you for joining us today, Cynthia.

You can purchase CONFIRMED BACHELOR as well as other books from Cynthia through the following links:

AMAZON   KOBO   B & N   APPLE

You will find Cynthia D' Alba on the following Social Media channels:

WEBSITE   FB   TWITTER   IG   GOODREADS   BOOKBUB   AMAZON


As a Texas\ Bluegrass/Traditional Country music promoter, 

this wind chime couldn't have been more perfect for my office.

Thank you, Miss Cynthia!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Angela! I'm typing the response in my recliner with the computer in my lap! Because of the heat, I have the laptop sitting on a book to keep the heat off my legs!

    ReplyDelete