Monday, January 25, 2021

TOP 3 - January 25

 Well, not only am I coming in late today but last week was pretty much a wash to the list. Don't get me wrong. I got a lot accomplished but not from the list. This week I've adjusted my Top 3 based on what I must get done... not what I'd like to do.


As you probably saw from here, the blogs just did not get done last week. I'm not sure what the problem was other than trying to go too many different directions at once. This week, the blogs take first place.

I only got three ticklers written for June Faver's challenge. I have a problem coming up with blurbs without names. Sometimes the names come to me then I'm off. We are at Day 25 and I have 12. Hmmm If I can knock out 5 tonight with the girls I'll be thrilled, but I'm not sure that is going to happen.

Now that Bob will be home I want to reschedule the interview with the lady from the bakery in West Plains. I've waited for him to be home so that as soon as I do the interview, while everything is fresh in my brain I can go to my hotel room and scribble scenes while the information is fresh in my brain, not just on the recorder or in my notes. Also, if anything else comes to mind while I"m writing, I can stop back at the bakery for follow-ups.

Of course, right now a  lot depends on weather when it comes to travel, and a dependable vehicle. 

The thing that put me behind today was lack of sleep. I love a good thunderstorm and was awakened by one around 3 a.m.  About the time the storm hit hard, i discovered not one but two leaks in my bedroom ceiling... right over my head!
I spent the next 2 hours, stripping the bed and moving the mattresses to a safe spot then putting pans in place to catch the drips. The drips only lasted about twenty minutes though it's still raining as I write this (almost 12 hours later!) We've had over 3" of rain - the majority of that in a 4 hour time span. I moved to the recliner for the rest of the night - or should I say mornign - so am working on very little sleep.

Words will be slow today but I'm making myself charge through and be productive!

What do you do to 'carry on' in spite of life's bumps? I'd love to hear. Inspire me!

All my best 
~Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment