Monday, April 16, 2018

CURRENT PROJECT - Another Option?


One thing I've learned from author Velda Brotherton is to not put all of my eggs in one basket. Velda is published with Oghma Creative, Wild Rose Press, Indie published and was once published with big traditional publishers early in her career.

While I'm still wanting to publish some of my books as an Indie publisher, having different streams of income isn't a bad thing. I figure the Indie is a good place to kick in the cash flow while I work at other areas for some things. Like my western with Tiffany Schoefield (someday).

One of my strongest support systems is a group of gals I've been sprinting with for almost twelve years. J.D. Faver, Pam Labud and Tara Manderino are three with books to their names. While J.D. has been Indie-published for some time, she also holds a multi-book contract with Sourcebooks, with her first one releasing in September.  J.D. aka June is one of the most supportive people. She has her fingers on the pulse of what's going on and is always happy to share her finds with the rest of us.

Last week she pointed us to a Call for Submissions from Harlequin DARE. They are looking for New Authors and taking submissions through April 20th. We'll hear back by May 4th. That's quite a turn around time and a high-jump over the slush pile.

My challenge is that while I might have something in the tickler file, I'm not sure I can write that depth of 'naughty' I have story lines in my head, but I can't seem to put it on paper. I'm not a prude but I've never been able to talk dirty. Just let me enjoy the experience.  But with a chance like this, I have to at least see if I have something to submit. I've downloaded one of their books but have battled a sinus headache and then music stuff. Hopefully, this afternoon I can curl up with the book to see what they are looking for. From there I'll determine if my file drawer holds any possibilities.

The good thing is that on short notice, they only want a clean first chapter and a synopsis. Easy to pull off if I buckle down.

Oh, and Bob may be home on Wednesday. LOL Going to be a fun week!

As to A Christmas To Remember...  I finally made it through the first rough revision in Chapter 1. I started working on the keyboard again rather than writing longhanded and things seems to be moving at a more focused pace.

How did we write and revise before electronics?

Choose your path and write from your heart!
~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment