Monday, April 2, 2018

CURRENT PROJECT - Camp Nano!


While the kiddos have to wait until mid-June for Camp, writers get an early start on the season. Camp Nano is an extension of the infamous National Novel Writing Month  aka NanoWrimo.

Camp Nano runs in April and in August, giving us the opportunity to finish up partial projects so we can start NanoWriMo in November with a shiny new project.

I joined Camp several years ago.. around 2011, but didn't enter a project until 2013, join a cabin until 2015, maybe (when I supposedly was going to work on the same project as this year ... hmmm.) In 2016 and 2017 I'd planned to work on contest entries.. but never made it back to my cabin after my first hike. I must have gotten lost somewhere along the way.

Getting lost is not my plan for this camp season. I started a cabin and have five incredibly talented sprinter buddies to keep me in check. I'm hoping if I plan 'fun' virtual things to bring to the cabin each week, at least that will keep me checking in.

GOAL
To complete about 85 percent of what I need of revisions to A Christmas To Remember.

While the meter bar on the sidebar looks full of progress, that is where the current manuscript sits in 'completion' before I begin the revisions. I'm figuring I need about 15,000 words in the revision process.

Personal Camp Location:
Sofa in my office. I can shut the animals out, turn on my pretty strobe light and music to write by.
I have a husband pillow as well as a softer pillow, depending on my back at the time, an ottoman for my feet and a couple of different weight throws - since Mother Nature can not decide what type of weather we need from day to day.

Camp Supplies:
leatherette legal pad folder
pencil pouch of multiple of all the same type of Pilot pens
notebook paper
cash and punch cards for when I go to the coffee shop
at least 2 chapters of the print out with my editing notes.

Are you at CampNano this month? If so, post your camp name and I'll pay you a visit. If not, why not? Come join the FUN!

I'm off to bake cookies for my campers!
Happy Writing!
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment