Monday, May 9, 2022

MONDAY MOTIVATION - Find the Office

 Good morning, everyone!

I had a nice weekend in Springfield. Bob wound up not getting home until Thursday afternoon around 1. We ate an early supper then I was on the road by 3. I was flat tired by the time I got to the hotel. I didn't even go out for supper. Just a quiet night in the room visiting with writer friends in Chatzy.

Friday I got some work done at the hotel, a little magazine/ coffee time at Barnes & Noble where I fell in love with this beauty. 


I refraind from spending almost $40 on her... at that moment. I went back and got her Sunday afternoon. I decided that since I knew there wouldn't be a Mother's Day present coming my way, I'd just treat myself. Hand-tooled leather from Tusany, Italy. I haven't decided what I'll use her for yet, but I wanted her. Sometimes that's all you need.

While in the city, I bought a compact external 1T hardrive to put a copy of the manuscript files on. I don't think I can lose this 3x4 drive. 

My sister and I had lunch together after my talk on Saturday. Was nice to just sit and visit with her for a couple of hours and talk writing. She is an excellent writer just not interested in the publishing end, but she's a great sounding board and bouncing ideas off of. 

The writer's group meeting with OzarksRomanceAuthors went well. Was great to see old friends. I belonged to the group as well as their sister group Sleuth's Ink, but Springfield is a four-hour round trip plus the meeting time, followed by lunch.Since I was coming into the city anyway, I wanted to do some shopping so the Saturday meeting turned into usuallya 2-night stay at the hotel. Mind you, I get an excellent rate based on the number of years I've been staying but I just couldn't afford the expense anymore. 

Saturday night, several of us met up again for dinner at Mikado's Supreme Buffet for Chinese and crab legs. 


I spent time Sunday morning before check-out trying to get blog posts set up. Tomorrow, I'm kicking off nine weeks of the Something Blue series. There are eighteen authors in this series. Rather than the normal Author Spotlight on Tuesday's, I'll be running them Tuesdays and Wednesdays until you've had the opportunity to meet all of these talented ladies and read their sweet romance stories.  

I'll start by showcasing the anthology overall. Then I'll kick off the series with the first author, Susan Sands and her story, THEN, AND NOW.

I look forward to sharing this anthology with you. In the meantime, click the pre-order link above so you'll have your copy as soon as the book releases to Kindle. 


With this being Bob's first week home, I only have one goal this week and nothing to do with writing.
I have a friend in the states from England. She will be here later this week. I MUST find my studio. LOL So, I'm picking one project in there per day until I've made it possible for us to sit in there to craft and visit before she heads for another artist friend's house in SE Kansas for a crafting retreat. When the project is done for the day, then the rest of the time will belong to Bob.

All My Best

~ Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment