Monday, May 23, 2022

MONDAY MOTIVATION - Finding Balance

 Good morning, everyone!

Shhhh.... don't tell anyone but I'm actually ahead of the game this week. 

I'm still battling a head cold but the worst is behind me. At least I can think of two things at once. 

Bob leaves tomorrow and I can dive in to a full work schedule again. I am soooo ready to get caught up. June is going to be a busy month with something going on every weekend. Ugh! The last thing on the list is my in-laws coming for a short visit the last week of the month. I'm okay with that. They've chosen not to stay with us but they'll be here during the day so I really do need to put the house in some semblance of order. Wish me luck!


My Top 3 for this week don't even include writing... just catching up.

1 - Items into the etsy shop

2 - A 5-part art project with a deadline of May 31st. Thanks to company and a head cold I haven't gone beyond the design stage for them so I'll be super busy this week

3 - begin a major purge around the house

This should set me up for next week when I can get back to writing. I need to order the new cover for Somewhere Down the Line, do edits on the story then schedule a time to get the book formatted so I can put a much better version of the book out than what has been up the past 10 years. Having the rights back has been such a relief. 

I also need to look at potential contest entries for the Ozark Creative Writers conference coming up in October. Deadline for entries is usually mid- August. Check out the link. We'd love to have you join us! Though I will warn you that hotel rooms at Best Western Inn of the Ozarks & Convention Center fill up fast! You'll find other hotels in the area though. That is peak season so don't wait too long!

Page Lambert is our keynote this year. Page is delightful and always full of inspiration. There are others joining us but Friday night entertainment will be western author/ songwriter, singer Mike Blakely. I first met Mike at this conference over 25 years ago. You won't want to miss his sessions or his music!

That's it for me this week! Time to throw Sunday dinner together then see if I can continue my winning streak in cards. 

Tomorrow, we continue our Author Spotlight series with two more from the Something Blue anthology! Teri Wilson has quite a royal reputation and Lacey Baker is multi-genre talented! 

All my best!

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment