Monday, August 1, 2022

MONDAY MOTIVATION - Slip and Slide

Good morning, everyone!


I've had a busy week. Still laying out the studio re-do. I spent most of last week painting two ladder shelf units and the new foot stool crate. I like to sit on the sofa in my office, away from the loving animal assistants, but I need my feet up. On the up-side, the sofa is cleared, cleaned and put back into place so I can use it. 


Another big project was rearranging my Little Golden Book collection (all 272) to make room for my Doctor Dan Medical Kit. I'm still researching that item but as you'll see from one of the pictures below, the toy doesn't appear to have ever been played with. all the components are still within the rubber bands holding them in place. The only deterioration is in the plastic wrapping.


However, once I had the LGB shelf in order and put the sofa back in place, I wound up laying components for another project I need finished by the end of the week on the sofa.  LOL It's a process, I tell you.

The meeting with the retired Combat Training Officer was an amazing experience. Listening to him talk was an emotional experience. He answered all of my probability questions and I finally feel as if I have everything I need to finish An Ozarks Homecoming.  Now to just make the time. 

My problem is I can not work in chaos - I think I've mentioned this a time or two. With the studio remodel in progress and needing my 'office' off the dining room table by this Wednesday, my real focus has been on the studio project and things I can move out of my way once the one creative project is finished. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I need to locate a couple of organization items tomorrow and the rest should be here Wednesday. I'm so ready for this to be done and be able to write with a clear head.


I will only get three work days this week. Bob will be home on Wednesday after being gone a full month! The weekend belongs to him. 

*  Make the house presentable

*  Get blog posts for the next two weeks set up

*  Continue to get studio/ office in order. 

Keep in mind, while the studio and office are in the same room I do have specific areas for each. Right now I'm focusing on the studio part. With that, the 'office' work station will be on the large island in the middle of the room. Phase 2 - the 'office' is going to take a bit longer - probably during my holiday break. 

I have been using my HB90 planner. Right now my kanban plan is in the planner. I don't have space to put the physical board up in the office just yet.  Part of my board tickets are for the blog posts for the month of August as well as continuing progress on the studio. 

We have the final two Something Blue authors this week then we'll be moving on to new books and authors. Holiday stories should be coming out beginning this month. I'm ready for holiday reads! Who's with me?

All my best
~Angela
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment