Tuesday, May 18, 2021

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & REVIEW - A Trial By Error - Susan Eschbach

 Good morning, everyone!

We are super busy in the studio this week. On Friday, our Writer's Nest guest will be sci-fi author Susan Eschbach. She has two books out. I will feature her second book on Friday so I thought I'd take you inside A Trial By Error - Book one of The Fringe Cycle series

First, let's meet Susan Eschbach


BIO:
Susan Eschbach grew up in Kansas City. Her writing career began in elementary school when she had a 4-H club column in a Johnson County, Kansas, monthly newspaper. Her journalistic writing continued through high school and college and came in handy for several jobs. She embarked on her first novel in 2008 at the insistence of a close friend and members of the Mid -South Writers Group, convinced writing fiction would be easy because of her background in journalism. "Boy, was I ever wrong," she says. "It only took eight years to get it right."

Susan is married and the mother of two sons, one of whom is pursuing his own writing career. Their family is rounded out with a dog and four cats.

I'll save most of the info on Susan for Friday, but today I'm taking you inside her first book - A Trial By Error


BLURB:

On the fringe of known space, freedom is fleeting.

Dahvin Tave faces an uncertain future. Shot down by a team of Alliance Enforcers on the far fringe of the Milky Way and charged with the murder of the wealthiest, most influential man on planet Gehren, Dahvin is convinced he's been targeted as a scapegoat for a political assassination. He'd never been to Gehren and never met the man.

Aboard the ship transporting him to trial, Dahvin is befriended by Enforcer Tessianna d'Tieri, one of two officers who shot him. The pair develop a deep connection in spite of his distrust for authority and regulations against fraternizing with prisoners. He’s desperate to find a way to escape. She’s determined to save him.

Logs from his interstellar freighter and a visit to the murder scene dredge up terrifying suppressed memories and force him to face his involvement with the victim. Will the investigator in charge of the case prove his innocence, or cave to pressure from his superior to prove Dahvin is guilty?

One person holds the key.

While I'm not a big Sci-Fi reader,  I did enjoy this book. 

Susan Eschbach's attention to building a believeable world and putting you there is beyond anything I've read. I've tried science fiction and with the exception of her writer's group mate, Linda Rose Sartin, I've never been able to follow a storyline with all the 'made up' stuff. 

I read A Trial By Error over the course of two days and am looking forward to Book 2 as well as other books by Susan. 

I'm giving A Trial By Error:

You may purchase your copy of A TRIAL BY ERROR via the following links:

AMAZON   B & N   WALMART

You'll find Susan viea the following links:

WEBSITE   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   

All my best
~Angela


2 comments:

  1. Angela, thank you so much for including me in your Author Spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to have you, Susan! I look forward to showing off the rest of my Cassville ladies! Hugs!

      Delete