Monday, October 11, 2021

Monday Motivation


Good morning, friends!

I am still in Eureka Springs. The conference ended on Saturday night. Most everyone checks out on Sunday morning. I like to hang over a couple extra days to decompress from all the hustle and bustle of the conference, letting the peace and tranquility of Eureka Springs cleanse me. 


This Victorian pencil house has always been one of my favorite places to visit. I always said if I won the lottery, I'd buy this place and make it a private writing retreat. Two years ago when I was last in town I noticed someone has been working on a serious remodel. I look forward to seeing the progress... maybe this afternoon.

The hotel is quiet. In a little while I'll go up to Myrtie May's for lunch then take a walk up the 'red line' to check out some of the houses. Maybe even get to peek inside one or two. One thing about Eureka Springs residents and business owners. They are some of the most friendly people you'll ever meet. Once you get away from the touristy downtown, the neighborhoods are so relaxing. I'm sure I will find someplace to do some writing.


Since I can walk up to the Crescent Hotel (or take a trolley), I might take time for some really good pizza at the Skybar. If weather permits, pizza and a glass of wine on deck sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon. 

My Top 3 for this week:

* Relax & Recharge

* Shop

* Take advantage of the time I have in Eureka Springs to make notes on An Ozarks Homecoming

There's something to be said for stopping and smelling the roses.

All my best

~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment