Friday, March 19, 2021

THE WRITER'S NEST - A. E. Chewning

 


I love meeting new people. When I read on Instagram how excited A. E. Chewning was for her newest release and talked about her new writing space I knew we all needed a closer look. 


Describe your writing nest? 
My writing nest is always evolving, but as of this moment it’s a clean space that I’m happy with for now. We moved into our 1902 Victorian in Athens Alabama this past December and I have big, big plans for a space out in our garage. I believe it was the old boiler room, but not 100% sure of the actual original purpose. I just know that the vibes I get from it are great for the creative process. 

What is it about this space that inspires you? 
The nest that I have right now I find to be inspirational because it’s tucked into a little corner of our historic home. Next to my desk is one of the original fireplaces and as I sit there writing, I think about all the other people that have cozied up there, wondering what their lives were like. It’s a comforting space that I can createin and escape to when I want to go to a different world with my characters. I love being in here now that it’s clean and organized. 


Has finding your space been an evolving journey? 
Ha! I responded that it was evolving in the first question without reading this one. Yes, it is always evolving. How so? I think because as a creative, you are always getting inspired by different things. Each book seems to bring out a different perspective and I see that reflected in my space. 

Anything you would change? 
 Yes, I’d love to have a view of the ocean, but for now I’ll settle for some prints from an artist from Hawaii. I’ll eventually hang them up in front of my desk where I can escape into a daydream when the time allows. 


What advice would you give to someone looking to build their own nest? 
Make your nest something that gives you peace. Build it into something that helps you be creative and inspires you. Your nest has to be a place of refuge where your muse can be heard and your mind can escape into different worlds.

A.E. Chewning's newest release is:




Blurb:
Henri and Detra Ann have poured their hearts into making their dream a reality--Devecheaux Antiques is open for business. But managing this kind of shop will require more than a business degree and a good eye for hard to find items. Haunted things have a nasty habit of making their way to this paranormal landmark. 

Trying to escape the shadows of the past, Detra Ann finds herself immersed in a paranormal investigation, but this time it’s different. She can't run from the supernatural. Detra Ann must take a stand and allow the dead to speak. 

The Devecheauxs' new assistant, Mary Agnes Kelly--she prefers Aggie, is the one that’s hiding secrets. When a curious object in the shop goes missing, Aggie's abilities are exposed and she is thrust into a world of vengeance, murder and the afterlife. The college student will have to muster all her courage to face down the ghosts of Devecheaux Antiques--and her own demons. Opening the door to the paranormal, Aggie comes face to face with a spirit close to Detra Ann’s heart, leading them both to reveal what happened in the past and help the unhappy ghost rest in peace. Will Detra Ann and Aggie be able to expose the truth or will all be lost in the shadows of history? 

Find out in A Cup of Shadows by authors M.L. Bullock and A.E. Chewning. A Cup of Shadows in Book One in their new series Devecheaux Antiques and Haunted Things. If you love Seven Sisters, Idlewood and Haunted Gracefield, you'll enjoy reading A Cup of Shadows.

You'll find A. E. Chewning in the following Social Media streams. I hope you'll follow, subscribe and all that fun stuff!


All my best
~Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment