Monday, March 15, 2021

TOP 3 3-15-21

 

The time has come to really dig in my heels and get back to business. 

Covid wasn't really an issue for me. I just got lazy. I didn't write, I didn't do much of anything I should have been doing.  I spent time with Bob when he was home. When he was gone, I did 'this and that' - nothing that really mattered.

How do you determine 'what matters'? How do I choose my Top 3.

Alexis Giostra (Alexis aka Miss Trenchcoat all across the internet) says that is the first step in determining what needs to be done... figure out what your priorities are. I'm posting her video at the end of this post.

For me, the blog posts are important. They keep my name out there in a cycle while helping to keep me focused on what I NEED to do rather than the nap I'd really like to take. hehe Curling up with a book some days just sounds much more fun.  Curling up with the book is one of my motivations for the Author Spotlight and Wednesday Reviews.

Next on my priority list is the writing. If I don't write, there won't be any more books and no supplemental income for when Bob retires. I have to find a time that lets my words flow efficiently while not sacrificing time with Bob. Nights work best for me. I also know that once supper is out of the way, all I want to do is spend the rest of the evening with him. 

Before I move on to the last item, let me stress that Bob is extremely supportive. If I tell him I need to write for a couple of hours, he totally gets it. I just live with the constant thought that if something ever happens to him, I don't want my lifelong memory to be that I didn't spend the time with him. Those are moments I can't get back. 

Last on my list is to clean out the office corner. 
The desk and the printer table are clean and I can be productive. However, it's the office island in serious need of a deep sorting. Once that is done, I can be more productive in the area. My planners and notebooks will be at hand, rather than moved from whatever 'mobile' site I've relocated to on any given day. 

We had this office/ art studio built so that I could be more productive... yet I'm not using the space efficiently. 

I've made some small changes to the clutter in the rest of the studio but I still have a long way to go. Every day that he is on the boat brings me closer to finding 'space peace'.

Here is Alexis' video: 


I'm hoping to share her CEO Strategy Planner for Creative Entrepreneurs soon. Alexis will be going through the planner om Saturday March 20th at 2 p.m. EST. Here's a link to her CHANNEL   If you've been looking for the planner to help get you on track, I hope you'll join us!

This week I'll be shining the spotlight on author, Roxanne St. Clair then reviewing her contribution to the 7 Brides for 7 Soldiers series. Adam is Book 2. If you ready Ryder's story (Book 1), you'll know that Adam is one of Bailey's (heroine) twin brothers.  My review will post on Wednesday.

Writer Tip Thursday comes from Lee Child then A. E. Chewing takes us inside her new Writer's Nest on Friday.

I hope you'll join me!

All my best

~Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment