Monday, August 16, 2021

MONDAY MOTIVATION - Progress

 Good morning, everyone!

One quick note before I contine with today's post.

The last two author reviews for stories in the Christmas at the Amish Bakeshop have been moved to the last two Tuesday's of this month. We have a guest author all this week leading up to The Writer's Nest post on Friday. Beginning tomorrow I'll be featuring B. D. Storey

Another week begins.

While last week was productive, I didn't do as much as I'd hoped... including getting Burroughs emailed. I'm doing that TODAY, before the task gets lost in the shuffle.

I managed to clear the big work table in my studio but before I could make further progress, I remembered I had a Stampin' Up! retreat this past Saturday. I was thinking it was this coming weekend! Oh well, I watched some very creative people resurrect old techniques. I was one of the very few who remembered when those techniques were 'new'. While they're still fresh in my memory again, I want to play with a couple of them this week.

Why? Because I'm trying to come out of 'hobby' dem status with the company and be more of an 'earning' level. I'm not going full speed with building a sales team, but it would be nice to sell enough to pay for my crafting habit ;-)

I also learned last week that my sister in law and her husband (Bob's youngest brother) will arrive on the 26th for three days. Mind you, this comes the day after Bob is supposed to come home... on our 37th wedding anniversary. Rhonda is also my only down-line in my Stampin' Up! business. We'll spend three days crafting.  That said, the studio has to be finished... 9 days from today to be exact!  


I'm still knocking off between 3-4 p.m. to get two or three writing sprints in on the book. Felt good to be sprinting again last week. One of my dear friends has been dividing her writing time between our two groups. We do the shorts sprints in mine - which she prefers. Then when I'm done for the night, she moves back to our 'Goddess' group and does the longer sprints. The five of us have been a group for almost 15 years. I just can't do the longer sprints. My brain starts wandering after longer than thirty minutes.

That's me for this week. I know the tasks are not exciting, but they are things I must get done. 

My TOP 3:
* Email Burroughs
* Catalog stamps
* Sprint every day

I'm hoping the dog days of summer are moving out and we can begin to breathe a little cooler air. 

All my best
~Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment