Tuesday, August 3, 2021

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT & REVIEW - Christmas Comes to Morning Star

 Good morning, friends!

Last week was hectic. I'm so happy to be back in a quiet house and regaining my regular routine.

After a four-day family visit in Oklahoma to visit with Bob's side of the family, I'm anxious to get back to work.

Today, we're shining the spotlight on Charlotte Hubbard (also writing as Naomi King)


Here's a brief bit about Charlotte from her Amazon Page:

Charlotte Hubbard sold her first historical romance in 1990, and she’s been a slave to her overactive imagination ever since. As she writes, her stories invariably take on a life of their own, different from the way she proposed them: unforeseen characters and plot twists come along, and they keep her guessing right along with her readers!

I always enjoy a good Amish romance. Not for the religious aspect but because they are wholesome and sweet reads... the way romance should be in my opinion.


Christmas Comes to Morning Star (Book 3 in the Morning Star series) releases on August 24, 2021

I was a bit confused at first. There seemed to be too many players all at once, people I didn't know anything about. This makes it hard for someone who hasn't read previous books in a series. All book in a series should be able to stand alone yet give you enough to want to go back and read the others... not prompt you to read previous books in the series to smooth out the tangle. 

That said, I kept reading. (a book has to be HORRIBLE for me to not finish reading to The End). I was pleased to see that all of the players had a purpose in bringing the story to a blessed Christmas conclusion. 

For the immediate confusion I am giving Christmas Comes to Morning Star:



With those four quills in mind I have gone back and picked up the first two books so I can read them all as a series.

As I type this (August 3, 2021)  Book 1 and Book 2 are available on Kindle for .99 eas. but you can pick up Book 1 as a FREE Read if you have Amazon Prime. 

You will find Charlotte through the Social Media Links below. Sadly, not all of the links on her page are direct - requiring you to sign in/ create an account first, as opposed to her account name. 

WEBSITE   FACEBOOK    TWITTER   B & N  GOODREADS   BOOK BUB

My Korean War research series continues tomorrow. 

All my best
~Angela





No comments:

Post a Comment